Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day Two

No, not all of my posts will be titled with the day, but that's about all I have for now.
With all of the Foodie activities going on, it surprises me we aren't taking advantage of events like the "Head to Tail Feast"...I have to get more informed and up to date on this stuff.

On the subject of great eats, don't miss out on Octoberfest up at Porcupine Grill.  The Beef Stroganoff over spaetzle is amazing (almost compares to mine, if I do say so my damn self), and the Schnitzel is really tasty as well.

I guess for now, I'll chronicle my lunch activities until I have more to add:
Hagerman's Bakery (114th South 7th East) is always a good, go to place for lunch.  Their soups are good and the sandwiches are amazing with the variations in the jalapeƱo jelly they put on them.
Had lunch at Leatherheads (Right next to the VF Factory outlets) the other day...had a craving for wings and these did the trick! Meaty but not too big, great sauce and not over-done.  Had the special of the day - Philly sandwich with a salad (house vinaigrette) - great sandwich with the Au Jus from the French Dip...all in all a good meal.
Yesterday, I had a Gyro and some deep fried zucchini and mushrooms from Greek Souvlaki - when you want Greek food, you really can't go wrong with this place.
I have been trying to keep my sodium intake down, while increasing calories - not really as easy as I thought.
Did have Julie's meatloaf and garlic mashed potatoes for dinner last night though...I won't eat anyone's meatloaf but hers and might I say DAMN! this was probably her best work yet!  Way to go Hon!
Looking for good Mexican food around this end of the valley...I'll have to do a little investigative work and let you know...

Originally written 10.20.2011 11:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment