Friday, September 2, 2016

Almond Torte

Not really being a baker, pastry chef, etc. I usually like to stick to things I can do with the ingredients I can find in whatever portion I think works best.  For me, measuring properly then baking exactly usually tends to be more of a pain in the ass than is worth it.
However, in my old age I have found a soft spot in my heart for baking certain things...
One of those is a dessert that a friend of ours brought over and we devoured in about 25 minutes; and to top it off, it's very easy.  This almond torte is great with coffee, after dinner, midnight snack...Whatever!

MANDY’S ALMOND TORTE

 

Ingredients

¾ cup Sugar

1 cube Butter, softened

2 Eggs

¾ cup AP Flour

¼ tsp. Almond extract

¼ tsp. Vanilla extract

Slivered Almonds

 

Directions

Preheat oven (preferably Convection) to 325°F, and grease and flour an 8” round baking dish

Cream sugar, butter and eggs together until well incorporated.

Mix in flour, almond and vanilla extracts and mix well.

Pour into prepped baking dish, sprinkle with slivered almonds and put in oven, in a water bath.

Bake for 45 min. or until golden brown on top. A toothpick in the middle should come out clean.

Wait as long as you can for it to cool, then slice and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment